Notable New Members of Advocates for Harvard ROTC
4 January 2002
We gratefully acknowledge the support of the following new
members of Advocates for Harvard ROTC enrolled in the past several
- Arthur M.
Schlesinger, Professor Emeritus, Harvard 1947-61, Special Assistant to President John F. Kennedy, AB '38, Gj '39-43, Professor Emeritus, the City College of New York.
- Assistant Professor Nancy
Katz, faculty at Kennedy School of Government, Public Policy
Kamarck, lecturer in Public Policy, Kennedy School of Government
- Professor Regina E.
Herzlinger, the Nancy R. McPherson Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School. (Her son, Harvard 2000, is a first lieutenant commanding a Bradley platoon in Korea. Her daughter is a medical student at Cornell.)
- Dr. Martin
Peretz, Harvard, MA, 1962, Ph.D., 1965, lecturer and Head Tutor in Social Studies for many
years and Editor of the New Republic.
- Professor Emeritus Nathan Glazer, prominent Harvard faculty member in Sociology for many years, now Emeritus.
- Dr. Stanley N. Kurtz, MA, 1975, Ph.D., 1990, Fellow of Hudson Institute. Well-known for published articles in National Review.
- Prof. Robert S.
Kaplan, the Marvin Bower Professor of Leadership Development at Harvard Business School
- Dr. Daniel Pipes, AB, 1971, Ph.D., from Harvard, both in History. He has taught at the University of Chicago, Harvard, and the US Naval War College. He has written ten books, and served in the Dept. of State and DOD. He is Director of the Middle East Forum and a columnist for the New York Post.
- Lt. General Tad Olestrom, USA (Ret), Director of National Security Program at the Kennedy School of Government. Formerly Superintendent of the Air Force Academy at Colorado.
- Major General George W. Miller, III, '53, USAF (Ret) Advisor to the Secretary of the Air Force (Financial Management Program)
- Charles G. (Chase) Untermeyer Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (1954-88)
- Congressman Amory Houghton,
Jr., AB '50, MBA '52.
- James C. Bayley, M.D., LTC, MAARNG, '73, Company Surgeon, Special Forces Group (Airborne)